1.15.2009

My Thoughts CES 2009

I realize that I wasn't there and that my view of the show is from other media outlets, but I have been looking at some of the products that were shown there and there are a couple electronics that seem very promising to me, which I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.

There first I want to talk about is the Palm Pre. I was ecstatic when Apple's iPhone came out since I'm an avid Mac user. I swore that I would stick with Apple and their iPhone for a long time. Lately I've been feeling differently with the now many options, offering the same, if not more features. For my next phone I'm looking into maybe getting the Palm Pre or G1 Android phone. If you don't know anything about this phone, here's a short YouTube video about it.


One of the coolest features about this phone, I think, is how you can have multiple applications open at once. It has this "Cards" feature which sorts your apps. A cool feature with this is that you just "flick" the application off the screen when you are done using it and it will put the app on the side, keeping them very organized and easy to open back up. To me this phone definitely seems like an iPhone killer. Other companies are definitely starting to catch up with Apple.

One of the other products that I really liked, although I probably won't get one, if I did not for a long time, but the Sony Vaio P. Its a Netbook. What is a netbook, you may ask? It's basically just a small notebook. It has 2 gb of ram and runs Vista (I'm not sure if Vista is a good thing or not). It has WIFI capabilities as well as GPS and a 3G modem. This all for a price of around $974 and weighing in around 3 pounds. Crazy. The future is finally here where you can carry around a fully functional computer which could fit in your pocket. I love it. If I have the money, I would definitely pick up one of these in the future. It would be a great way for me to blog or write while on the go. I'll put a link to a short video as well.


These are what I thought to be the some of the best products at CES 2009. Just wanted to give you guys a little insight in case you have never seen these before.

No comments:

Post a Comment